Tuesday 8 May 2012

Just the way Mom use to make...

My cousin asked for some of my grandmother's recipes and after I typed them up I thought I'd share them on my blog! Here you go, these are some of my childhood favourites!


Granny’s Tarts
Blend together:
2 eggs
1 C coconut
1 C white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
In 48 frozen shells place ¼ - ½ tsp raspberry Jam per tart then poor 1 tsp of mixture over jam.
Bake at 350 for 20 mins (until light brown)



Granny’s Shortbread
2 C flour (white all purpose)
½ C rice flour
6-7 tbsp white or fruit sugar
¾ lb of butter at room temperature
Cream butter, cream in sugar, gradually add flour until fluffy but not dry
Bake @ 300 for 25 mins

Peanut Butter Squares
 2 packages butterscotch chips
½ C margarine
1 C peanut butter
1 C coconut
½  C fine chopped walnuts
1 bag of coloured small marshmallows
Melt together first 3 ingredients; mix in coconut and nuts, let cool. Add marshmallows (save some for the top). Press into 8x12 greased pan and refrigerate.

Snowballs
Melt 2 tbsp butter and add 6 tbsp of cocoa. (or melt two squares of unsweetened chocolate)
Mix with:
1 can sweet condensed milk
2 C graham crumbs
1 C chopped walnuts
Take 1 tbsp of mixture and roll in coconut to make a ball.
 

1 comment: